Thursday, May 3, 2012

Oh hi there!

I feel like my 'it's been a while" posts are the most common of all.  However, thinks will change.. I think.  I wish I could say I have been busy but that would be lying on the most part.  I guess I'll just post a short update on my life as it stands and then maybe post some things I had been working on.  So here's a few fun facts about my life since November:

- I GOT INTO PDP!  Finally, it's official (well, pending my criminal record check) I'm going to be doing the Elementary level Bachelors of Education program at UBC in fall.  I honestly thought I wasn't going to get in and was incredibly bummed about what life had in store for me in the next few years.  This is probably why I haven't really been working on many projects as of late
- I have taken up cake decorating in the last few months and it's really fun to see what I can make with a little sugar, butter and elbow grease.  Plus it's a great ego boost to bake for people and have them love it.
- I re-purposed a  dress, or redid it I guess.  It went from MouMou mayhem to cute!
- I'm working on another dress from a vintage pattern online, it's done once I get around to the finishing touches which are so tedious and time consuming!
- I'm also the go-to seamstress in the house and have fixed a bunch of my family's torn clothing.  Which is pretty high considering we're all adults. LOL.

So... that's it for now!  I'm off tomorrow and might catch up with some things.
So this is the dress I redid.  Before is on the left, and after is on he right!  Mind the hair.. I just got up from a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment